MUTOH TO PRESENT NEW 64” WIDE UV LED ROLL-TO-ROLL PRINTER -VALUEJET 1638UR
At the Fespa 2018 trade show – May 15-18, Berlin, Germany – Mutoh Europe will première a new addition to its growing range of UV LED wide format print solutions, the ValueJet 1638UR (VJ-1638UR).
Engineered and manufactured at Mutoh in Japan, the ValueJet 1638UR is an addition to Mutoh’s existing ValueJet 1638UH hybrid UV LED printer which last year was recognised as “best flatbed/hybrid printer up to 20 sqm/h” by the European Digital Press Association (EDP).
The new ValueJet 1638UR is a 64” (162cm) wide dual head, dual lamp UV LED roll-to-roll printer specifically developed for the commercial print and sign & display markets. The printer uses Mutoh’s new US11 UV LED CMYK, White and Clear 0% VOC inks, available in 220ml cassettes and 800ml bags (500ml for white) which enable printing on the widest range of roll substrates.
The VJ-1638UR will create instant dry output, ready for application or post-treatment. High added value can be created thanks to the use of white and clear inks enabling printing on transparent media and non-white substrates, multi-layer printing and spot varnish effects. The printer integrates two latest generation piezo drop on demand print heads producing print resolutions up to 1440 x 1440dpi. Media roll weights up to 100kg can be handled by the machine.
The 1638UR is suited for the production of high quality graphics, for applications such as in-store promotion prints & deco graphics, floor & window graphics, general signage, customized wallpapers, event banners & exhibition graphics, backlit prints, fine art prints, packaging samples, etc..
“We have seen a considerable increase of sales of our UV LED printers during the past year,” says Kenji Yasuhara, Mutoh Europe’s Managing Director. “The new ValueJet 1638UR will offer both installed-base (eco)solvent users as well as (offset/screen) printers an opportunity to expand their current product offering towards specialty applications and prints with high added value,” continues Yasuhara.
“The VJ-1638UR will enable short-run printing on the widest range of substrates on the market. Users will be able to process not only all typical sign & display substrates, but also thin film substrates that may be too heat-sensitive for water-based resin or solvent printers. Also all kinds of non-white substrates can be printed such as transparent, coloured or black media, fluorescent paper, metallic, mirror film, etc. Our clear inks offer the possibility to create multi-layer prints and spot varnish effects. Actually, the only limit is the creativity of the users themselves”, concludes Yasuhara.
ValueJet 1638UR – Key Product Features
• UV LED dual head, dual lamp 64” (162.5cm) wide roll-to-roll printer
• Staggered dual head setup – piezo drop on demand inkjet technology – up to 1440 x 1440dpi
• Optional roll take-up systems of 30kg and 100kg
• 6 colours - CMYK + White & Clear
• High opacity white ink for prints on transparent, black and coloured substrates
• Intelligent white ink handling: automated white ink recirculation and maintenance guidelines
• Clear inks for (spot) varnishing and special effects / multi-layer printing
• Simultaneous white, colour and clear printing
• Ideal for transparent, black and coloured substrates, wallpapers, backlit, typical sign & display media, heat-sensitive media (uncoated polyolefin PVC free)…
• No printer warm-up time needed + long life LED UV lamps: low energy consumption
• Prints come out dry & ready to finish or deliver
• 0% VOC ink – no VOC in the printing room – no air purifier needed – no VOC after application
The new ValueJet 1638UR will be displayed at Mutoh’s booth at Fespa (Hall 1.2 – B20). The product will be exclusively available through Mutoh’s wide network of authorized resellers in the EMEA region.
Aga Color Solutions heeft de volgende maatregelen genomen in het kader van de huidige situatie: Buitendienstmedewerkers en monteurs zullen alleen op uitdrukkelijk verzoek van de klanten langs komen. In samenwerking met onze leveranciers houden wij onze voorraden op peil. Onze verkoopafdeling, webshop en magazijn zijn operationeel.
Langere doorlooptijden en levertijden kunnen niet worden uitgesloten maar vooralsnog is hiervan nog geen sprake.