MUTOH TO PRESENT NEW 64” WIDE UV LED ROLL-TO-ROLL PRINTER -VALUEJET 1638UR
At the Fespa 2018 trade show – May 15-18, Berlin, Germany – Mutoh Europe will première a new addition to its growing range of UV LED wide format print solutions, the ValueJet 1638UR (VJ-1638UR).
Engineered and manufactured at Mutoh in Japan, the ValueJet 1638UR is an addition to Mutoh’s existing ValueJet 1638UH hybrid UV LED printer which last year was recognised as “best flatbed/hybrid printer up to 20 sqm/h” by the European Digital Press Association (EDP).
The new ValueJet 1638UR is a 64” (162cm) wide dual head, dual lamp UV LED roll-to-roll printer specifically developed for the commercial print and sign & display markets. The printer uses Mutoh’s new US11 UV LED CMYK, White and Clear 0% VOC inks, available in 220ml cassettes and 800ml bags (500ml for white) which enable printing on the widest range of roll substrates.
The VJ-1638UR will create instant dry output, ready for application or post-treatment. High added value can be created thanks to the use of white and clear inks enabling printing on transparent media and non-white substrates, multi-layer printing and spot varnish effects. The printer integrates two latest generation piezo drop on demand print heads producing print resolutions up to 1440 x 1440dpi. Media roll weights up to 100kg can be handled by the machine.
The 1638UR is suited for the production of high quality graphics, for applications such as in-store promotion prints & deco graphics, floor & window graphics, general signage, customized wallpapers, event banners & exhibition graphics, backlit prints, fine art prints, packaging samples, etc..
“We have seen a considerable increase of sales of our UV LED printers during the past year,” says Kenji Yasuhara, Mutoh Europe’s Managing Director. “The new ValueJet 1638UR will offer both installed-base (eco)solvent users as well as (offset/screen) printers an opportunity to expand their current product offering towards specialty applications and prints with high added value,” continues Yasuhara.
“The VJ-1638UR will enable short-run printing on the widest range of substrates on the market. Users will be able to process not only all typical sign & display substrates, but also thin film substrates that may be too heat-sensitive for water-based resin or solvent printers. Also all kinds of non-white substrates can be printed such as transparent, coloured or black media, fluorescent paper, metallic, mirror film, etc. Our clear inks offer the possibility to create multi-layer prints and spot varnish effects. Actually, the only limit is the creativity of the users themselves”, concludes Yasuhara.
ValueJet 1638UR – Key Product Features
• UV LED dual head, dual lamp 64” (162.5cm) wide roll-to-roll printer
• Staggered dual head setup – piezo drop on demand inkjet technology – up to 1440 x 1440dpi
• Optional roll take-up systems of 30kg and 100kg
• 6 colours - CMYK + White & Clear
• High opacity white ink for prints on transparent, black and coloured substrates
• Intelligent white ink handling: automated white ink recirculation and maintenance guidelines
• Clear inks for (spot) varnishing and special effects / multi-layer printing
• Simultaneous white, colour and clear printing
• Ideal for transparent, black and coloured substrates, wallpapers, backlit, typical sign & display media, heat-sensitive media (uncoated polyolefin PVC free)…
• No printer warm-up time needed + long life LED UV lamps: low energy consumption
• Prints come out dry & ready to finish or deliver
• 0% VOC ink – no VOC in the printing room – no air purifier needed – no VOC after application
The new ValueJet 1638UR will be displayed at Mutoh’s booth at Fespa (Hall 1.2 – B20). The product will be exclusively available through Mutoh’s wide network of authorized resellers in the EMEA region.